The Trading Standards Institute was founded in 1881. It represents Trading Standards professionals in the UK, and overseas – in local authorities, business and consumer sectors and in central government.
TSI exists to promote and protect the success of a modern economy. It aims to safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of citizens. We achieve this by supporting our members to empower consumers, encourage honest business and target rogue traders.
- We lobby and inform central UK and European Government and local government and their agencies, the local communities, businesses and consumers.
- We monitor the high standards of conduct essential for those in a public role, for those who enforce the legislation must be seen to be beyond reproach.
- We aim to sustain and improve consumer protection, health and wellbeing, offering the Fair Trading Award and fostering business competitiveness.
- We encourage the exchange of ideas, professional views, experience and lively debate for their mutual benefit and greater effectiveness. To this end we commission debate through College of Fellows, research in appropriate fields of study and publishes reports of the findings.
- We regularly meet and work with other bodies which share our ideals and objectives.
- We educate the consumer, through running events such as National Consumer Week and the Young Consumers Competitions.
- We host the annual Consumer Affairs & Trading Standards Conference & Exhibition. The largest event of its type in Europe, conference is an important date.
- We publish TS Today, TS Today aims to keep practitioners and students up-to-date with consumer affairs and trading standards news. It incorporates topical issues, briefings, interviews and much more.
Mick Hadley Autos – TSI
CAR BODY REPAIRS – VEHICLE REFURBISHMENT – SMART REPAIRS
TSI Website: www.tradingstandards.gov.uk
CLICK THE IMAGE
BELOW TO VERIFY